big blue ball PROMO SAMPLER - BYUBYD

Spazio dedicato alla carriera dello storico cantante del gruppo, ora impegnato nella produzione e promozione di suoni provenienti da tutto il mondo.

Postby mozorising » 16 Apr 2008, 09:32

Extract from an article found on the net about the SXSW (South By Southwest music – film - interactive festival) that took place in Austin March 7 – 16, 2008:

Going to South by Southwest in Austin is all about hearing new music, of course.
One way to hear good stuff is by picking up one of the armloads of free CDs supplied by record labels and artists. I’ve just managed to go through all of it from this year, and here is a small sampler of the best:
Big Blue Ball is a multi-artist project that began back in 1991. Over the years, the project has been scrapped and readopted and finally late last year, the finishing touches were put on an album which is scheduled to be released this June. Here you have “Whole Thing,” featuring artists such as Andy White and Karl Wallinger, and singing lead is Peter Gabriel, who is one of the spark plugs behind this project. As a bonus, they also enclosed “Burn You Up, Burn You Down,” a shifty instrumental!!!!!!

Ho scaricato questa versione strumentale di Burn You Up Burn You Down tratta dal sampler Big Blue Ball e che potete trovare a questo indirizzo quasi a fondo pagina:

http://30daysout.wordpress.com/2008/04/ ... -platters/

ma in tutta onesta non trovo nessuna somiglianza con il brano BYUBYD che conosco.

Voi che ne pensate?

Stefano Tucciarelli
mozorising
Nursery Crymer
Nursery Crymer

Postby Magog » 16 Apr 2008, 10:15

Very ma tante Very Grazie !!! [:D][^][^][^][;)]
"mangiato in fretta ? mangiato troppo è ?"
YOU TUBE G+
Magog
Lamb
Lamb

Postby mozorising » 16 Apr 2008, 20:13

I got an answer from Ryko right now.

There are no full lengths of The Big Blue Ball yet.....the Big Blue Ball promo cd is a sampler that includes music from Big Blue Ball as well as
other projects from Peter Gabriel's Real World records.

Cheers!

Sylvia
R Y K O D I S T R I B U T I O N
mozorising
Nursery Crymer
Nursery Crymer

Postby mozorising » 17 Apr 2008, 11:36

Che ci crediate o no, l'mp3 strumentale che avete sentito è davvero una versione di BYUBYD

This is a reply I got today from an american guy who was at the SXSW music festival in Austin where he got a copy of the BIG BLUE BALL promo sampler.

Thanks for writing Stefano,
the CD I have is a Rykodisc/Real World Records sampler distributed at the SXSW conference in Austin .It has 8 songs, most of them older tunes from the Real World Records roster(Daby Toure, Adrian Sherwood, Toumast, etc.) and the two new songs I posted.

The track in question, track 7, is indeed listed as “Burn You Up, Burn You
Down (instrumental)” from the upcoming Big Blue Ball CD. The liner notes
to the sampler say that the BBB project has been “picked up, played with
and put down and … the musical jigsaw has at last been pieced together.”
Perhaps what we are hearing is yet another small part of a larger, completed puzzle.
mozorising
Nursery Crymer
Nursery Crymer

Postby mozorising » 18 Apr 2008, 12:46

Clamoroso errore nella compilazione dei crediti del promo sampler. Ricevo adesso una email dell'editore di PG e della Real World ROB BOZAS che mi dice che il brano strumentale non è BYUBYD ma Big Blue Ball.

Da: Rob Bozas - Real World
Inviato: giovedì 17 aprile 2008 18.24
A: Tucciarelli Stefano
Oggetto: Re: Big Blue Ball promo sampler

Hi Stefano

You were right the song is not BYUBYD but indeed BBB .

Best regards

Rob
mozorising
Nursery Crymer
Nursery Crymer

Postby theknife » 25 Jun 2008, 08:07

recensione di Mic Smith in esclusiva x www.genesis-movement.org.....
andate qui http://www.genesis-movement.org/
per leggere il file .pdf cliccando sulla notizia a destra.... ma x volere dell'autore non la postate altrove
Tell me my life is about to begin, tell me that I am a hero, promise me all of your violent dreams light up your body with anger
theknife
Lamb
Lamb

Postby Flower » 25 Jun 2008, 10:43

Grazie veramente![:)]

Ah..ecco allora e' un errore,infatti mi sembrava...beh..comunque la trovo bella,grazie davvero per questa chicca,e poi,come dico sempre che stufo,a me piace che si facciano anche qualche errore,rende tutto piu' umano,piu' vicino a me,quindi anche Gabriel o il Suo management puo' fare errori,evviva![8D]
Last edited by Flower on 25 Jun 2008, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
...to the Land where the Rainbow ends
Can You sense the change?
Flower
Lamb
Lamb

Return to Peter Gabriel